Home remedies have been quite popular lately, and with all the different methods, it’s difficult to find which is best for you and that actually works!
In this article, we are going to go over a few home remedies for your hair that have been known to work great!
1. Avocado – Avocados are great for keeping you healthy on the inside of your body, but did you know they can be used for treating damaged hair?
2. Honey – Honey is very nutritional and s great for adding shine to your hair. Not only that, but honey retains moisture, preventing your hair from becoming brittle and causing split ends.
3. Eggs – Eggs contain a ton of protein which is great for growing your hair longer. Using egg whites works great on oily hair and for adding moisture!
4. Hot Oil – Hot oil such as almond, olive or coconut oil helps to promote healthy, prevents from a flaky scalp, promotes hair growth while and restores moisture in the follicles.
5. Mayonnaise – Easily prevent and treat damaged hair from chemical use and over brushing. Mayonnaise is a low-cost, natural way for “fixing” your hair due to improper styling techniques.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar – Known for adding shine to your hair and removing gunk and buildup from the scalp. Keeps your scalp moisturized and rejuvenates dull, and dry hair.
Now for a remedy that is jam-packed with nutrients to give you all the benefits listed above in one easy-to-make DIY recipe.
Remedy to Restore Your Hair
1/3 cup Water 1/3 cup ACV 2 tbsp. Olive Oil 1 tbsp. each Honey, Mayo, & Avocado 1 egg
In a small microwavable bowl, nuke the oil for about 30 seconds. Once cooled, mix in remaining ingredients and stir until creamy and thick.
Once mixture is cool to the touch, apply to either dry or damp hair and work from scalp to ends using your fingers.
Massage the scalp with your fingertips for at least 1 minute. Put on a shower cap or wrap your hair in a warm damp towel for about 10 minutes. Rinse hair and shampoo and condition as you normally would. Can be done 1-3 times per month for best results!