We love using essential oils. If you have ever used any before, then you know not everyone is the same.
We have posted a few of our favorite essential oils and listed some of the benefits of each one.
1. Lavender Oil – a versatile oil known for relaxing the body and is very gentle on the skin. Great for small cuts, irritations and to leave your skin feeling soft.
2. Tea Tree Oil – Use to help clear up acne, infections and fungal infections (like underneath the nails).
3. Eucalyptus oil – Commonly used in medicine to treat coughs, asthma attacks, minor colds & muscle fatigue.
4. Grapeseed Oil – When used with a carrier oil, can be used when shaving. Strengthens hair and promotes hair growth.
5. Lemon Oil – Revitalizing and a powerful antioxidant that is beneficial to the skin and aids in blood flow.
6. Lemongrass Oil – A highly fragrant grass from India. Use to clear headaches, treat fevers and infections.
7. Mandarin Oil – A commonly used aromatherapy oil used in soaps and cosmetics.
8. Neem Oil – Used for preparing cosmetics in soap, hair products, skin & hand creams. Helps with inflammations, certain skin diseases and can even be used as an insect repellent.
9. Peppermint Oil – Use to soothe coughs and the common cold. Works as a digestive aid to relive bloating, and can be used to help to relieve itching when applied topically.
10. Spearmint Oil – Used as a flavoring for toothpastes, mouthwashes and chewing gum to help stop bad breath.
11. Turmeric Oil – Very powerful, used as an anti-inflammatory and digestion aid to help stop the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract.
It’s always best to dilute essential oils with a carrier oil to prevent from discomfort & irritation.
Although, lavender oil does not require a carrier oil, most others work better when using a carrier oil.
Here is a list of a few carrier oils you can use:
Sweet Almond Oil
Image Credit: Elena Schweitzer / ShutterStock